Sample

Sample

Friday, November 8, 2013

Getting Started

One of my favorite pastimes is cooking. I would not call myself a "chef" by any means.  Neither am I a fancy shmanshy recipe maker. I just cook....I just cook what I know. I cook using the tried and tested home recipes; I cook whatever suits me at that time; and sometimes I experiment. So far I have never really been bored of my cooking. I can always find something interesting to make from my pantry and the fresh produce I get.

My cooking has diversified into some international cooking as I enjoy trying out different cuisines. However it is hard to cook some of the other countries' cuisines because they may need some special spices or sauces which I don't really care to make (or know how to make).

I know there are tons of blogs out there on cooking with step by step photo updates on how dish develops. I admire these bloggers and commend their dedication to their art.  This blog is very much for me keeping a track of my recipes and what I make. Anyone is welcome to try the recipes. I will try and post a picture of the finished product :-) Mine is just plain and simple cooking - no frills.

Over time I have also done several things to make life easy for myself.  Working full time, volunteering during my free time, watching some TV, sleeping - who has time to cook elaborately all the time. So my cooking style is quick and to the point.  My grocery shopping style has also changed over the time.

I call myself and eggitarian (egg eating vegetarian).  So obviously all the recipes here are vegetarian. Luckily I have no allergies or vegetable restrictions (except my own - I don't like mushrooms, olives and karela - bitter gourd); so I stay away from them.  The rest - I will try anything .... at least once.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on starting this blog. People will have new and unique recipes here which you have been cooking for long time.....

    ReplyDelete