Sample

Sample

Friday, February 13, 2015

Mixed Vegetable Curry

Hmm...so I had the curry left over from the dum aaloo, so I decided to defrost it today and add a medley of vegetables to it.

Ingredients:
  1. 2 carrots
  2. 1 capsicum
  3. 1/2 cauliflower
  4. 2 small potatoes
  5. a bunch of green beans
  6. 1/2 cup frozen peas
  7. 1/2 cup paneer
  8. 1 1/2 cup of the curry (from dum aloo recipe)
  9. salt, pepper for taste
  10. 2-3 tbsp oil
Process:
  1. Chopped all the vegetables in small pieces. Try to cut them in equal sizes so it looks good.
  2. In a pan, add 2-3 tbsp oil, I added the vegetables in order of which they will cook. (I cut vegetable as the other one is cooking - time management.) The longest time for cooking is carrots, so I cut and cook it first in the frying pan. I don't cook it all the way as I am going to add the other vegetables one by one. So...add carrots, then potatoes, green beans (I added mine later as I had some frozen one), then cauliflower, peas and finally paneer. Add these within 5-7 minutes of each cooking. By the time I added the paneer, everything else is quite cooked. I did not add any water yet.
  3. Added quarter cup water to make sure all is well cooked. Cooking vegetables without water gives them a nice flavor and does not mush them up.
  4. Once all seems cooked/tender, add the curry and cook for 15-20 mins.
  5. Garnish with cilantro.
Enjoy with naan or rice!!
(I would have had pictures but they all got deleted!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment