Sample

Sample

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Vegetable Lasagna

This is not an Indian dish, but it one of my favorites of the Italian dishes. Of course I make the vegetarian kind.  I have never tried the white lasagna - one day.....

Ingredients
  1. 8 lasagna noodles
  2. 2 cups pasta sauce
  3. 1/2 or more onion diced
  4. 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic (I bought the chopped-bottled one)
  5. 2-3 cups of mixed vegetables (I had bell peppers, carrots, broccoli and spinach)
  6. 1 cup ricotta cheese
  7. 1 egg
  8. 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  9. 2 cups mozzarella cheese
  10. 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
Process
  1. Break the lasagna into half pieces - I made my lasagna in a medium size pan so I wanted to make sure it fit in that pan.  Boil to cook the lasagna in boiling water. When cooked, wash with cold water.
  2. Cut all the vegetables in small pieces and steam them.
  3. Dice the onion.
  4. In a frying pan pour the oil, add the garlic and onion. Saute them until slightly brown.
  5. Add the steamed vegetables and cook for a few minutes.
  6. Add the pasta sauce and let cook for 5-10 mins. (Add salt and pepper if you want)
  7. In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese and 1 egg. Mix it well.
  8. In a 9x9 inch baking dish pour a little bit of the sauce/vegetable mixture.
  9. Spread one at a time, each lasagna noodle at the bottom of the pan.
  10. Add half the ricotta mixture and spread it on the noodles. (Add mozzarella cheese if wanted - I did not - too much fat!)
  11. Spread half of the remaining sauce/vegetable mixture on the ricotta cheese.
  12. Repeat again with noodles, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese spreads.
  13. Top it off with the mozzarella cheese.
  14. I also sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top of the mozzarella.
  15. Bake the lasagna for 40 mins at 375oC in the oven.
  16. Take it out and let it cool.
  17. Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment